CDR Sealless Magnetic Drive – CENTRIFUGAL THERMOPLASTIC PUMP
CDR CENTRIFUGAL THERMOPLASTIC PUMP (Sealless Magnetic Drive)
Plastic and Fluoroplastic Lined Process Horizontal – Single Stage – Centrifugal pumps with Mechanical Seal
Lining: PP (Polypropylene), PVDF (Polyvinylidene fluoride), PFA (Perfluoroalkoxy)
Long-coupled and Close-coupled executions
Comply to 2006/42/CE
Design to : EN 22858 / ISO 2858 (ex DIN 24256)
Flanged UNI 1092-2 (ISO 7005-2 ), PN16 RF type B, slotted ANSI 150 RF
Long Coupled pumps use the back pull-out principle and a strong bearing housing with flexible coupling.
Close coupled pumps are equipped with standard motors.
Mag drive concept
The synchronous drive configuration is based on an outer magnet ring assembly built to magnetically couple with an inner magnet ring assembly.
These two magnet rings are locked together by the flux of attracting magnet poles flowing through the containment isolation shell.
Suitable for handling corrosive, aggressive and hazardous liquids (low viscosity, clean or slightly contaminated) in the chemical, petrochemical and Pharma industries, where the need of high safety standards is the first requirement.
The pump is equipped with reliable grease lubricated bearing bracket, especially developed to be suitable even under heavy duty service.
UTN range share the same hydraulic design with the UCL series (mechanical seal pumps) which have been developed focusing on chemical Industry’s requests.
• The ductile cast iron armour protects the fluoroplastic peripheral surfaces of the pump from pipe strain, vibration, external shocks and during the handling; moreover it allows the casing to be Vacuum resistant.
• Top centerline discharge for air handling, selfventing.
• Drained casing (optional).
• The closed impeller design, made around a sturdy metallic core surrounded by a minimum 4mm of fluoroplastic material, provides maximum efficiency and reliability.
• Standard back vanes reduce axial thrust and seal chamber pressure to guarantee and extraordinary bearing and seal life.
• The integral design of the impeller and inner magnet prevents any misalignment problem, reducing also the production cost.
• Virgin unfilled PFA double Isolation Shell configuration : Virgin PFA on wet side externally reinforced by Carbon Fibre reinforcement.
• PP and PVDF: more than 4mm of thickness.
• Zero Eddy Current Losses thanks to non-metallic execution.
• Axial and radial loads are well distributed thanks to the highly reliable rotating parts design. The static shaft (SiC, Ceramic or RunSafeSiC) is supported in the can and by the lining suction cover.
• Its small diameter and the absence of bending forces, allow the shaft to be a reliable support for the impeller assembly : moreover, this execution limits the circumferential speed of plain bearings, as well as their heating or wear.
Rotating Bushings and Axial Thrust
Large Silicon Carbide (Carbon or Ceramic) Rotating Bushings and Static Axial Thrust design offers ruggedness even under heavy duty conditions.
RunSafeSiC microcrystalline diamond coating
• Lowest coefficient of friction and heat generation, even when lubrication is insufficient or under dry running condition.
• Universal chemical resistance.
• Increased service life.
• Virtually no wearing of the diamond coating.
• Significant energy savings.
The suction cover is designed to guarantee a long life time even under stress, in fact it’s a lined armoured piece made around a strong metal core on PFA execution.
Painting Coating Quality
The metal surfaces are protected by a high performance three coating layers (240 micron):
• Epoxy zinc pain
• Epoxy amidic modified vinyl
• Epoxy enamel paint or aliphatic acrylic polyurethane
Available upon request :
EN ISO 12944-5 C5M and
C5I protecting paint system grades.